Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Military Praises 'Fantastic' New Post-traumatic Stress Therapy; Good For Civvies Too

Editor's Note: I am not a doctor nor do I have medical credentials of any kind. None of the information in this article should be construed as medical advice. If you are currently taking anti-depressants, please speak with your doctor before making any decisions regarding your treatment. If you are thinking of harming yourself or others, please call 911 or your local Health Department for help. ~ Bobby

A man I am just getting to know, apparently an extremely caring and decent individual, has written me a letter expressing concern that I am "stressed." HAHAHAHA, ya think? My wife is fighting for her life, my beloved Republic has become a Tyranny; and I'm fighting every single day, against all odds, to save both of them with every ounce of strength this broken body can summon.

David Kupelian, the Managing Editor of World Net Daily, sent me a link to an article that he wrote last year about the increasing numbers of PTSD related suicides in the military entitled, "Military praises 'fantastic' new post-traumatic stress therapy" in the hope that I might be able to find some benefit from his research. Thank you David (Now how about a job? A steady paycheck from a Christian publication like WND would decrease my stress tremendously.) LOL

The Coping Strategies CD linked here - http://copingstrategiescd.com/ -   has been used to great effect by service members, described as "a single compact disc, playable on any CD player or computer, titled “Coping Strategies,” distributed to the military by a 501 (c)3 nonprofit called Patriot Outreach. The CD, which helps users overcome the negative effects of stress, is sent free upon request to military service personnel, veterans and their families, and also made available to the general public at a nominal cost, which in turn helps pay for the manufacturing and free distribution to military families."

After checking out the website I have decided to order a copy of the CD, which is available not only to members of the military and their families, but to the average civilian as well. I'm going to give this a try to see if I can reduce the stress that I've been under lately. Since DeLynn was diagnosed with metastatic cancer, I have been under a bit more than normal.

One thing I'm going to steer clear of however is a pharmaceutical "cure" for stress; because in case you didn't know, most of the new types of anti-depressants - Selective Seratonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs) - can actually INCREASE the risk of suicidal and homicidal behavior. This effect has been tragically proven in ALL of the mass shootings in recent years. ALL of the shooters in Aurora, Newtown, Columbine, Virginia Tech, etc., were on these drugs. So, thanks but no thanks.

I know a lot of my viewers hold different beliefs than I, and many are Atheists who hold no belief in a Higher Power at all, so they might not understand this: I can do nothing by myself, not at this stage of the game. My body is broken and it takes an extraordinary amount of effort just to go out and take care of my responsibilities as the head of this household (not to mention producing The Truth Is Viral.) Also, it seems like with each passing day there is a new crisis to deal with, and there is never enough time to do what I want to do; what needs to be done.

I ran out of my own strength long ago. Since my daughter Ashley died last year (a year ago tomorrow) I have been running on pure "Holy Spirit," drawing my strength from the Lord and His promise that we are never alone; that all we need to do is call on Him and He will see us through. The prayers and expressions of support I have received from my viewers after Ashley's death and my wife's diagnosis have also been a blessing and source of strength, and I encourage everyone to keep us in your thoughts and conversations with our Father.

If you are a soldier, sailor, airman, or Marine suffering from PTSD - even a civilian who is having a difficult time dealing with the tremendous stress that life can sometimes bring about - I encourage you to order a copy of this CD and check it out.

Finally, I've also decided to do a show based on the alarming number of suicides of members of our Armed Forces, and I have calls out to medical professionals who can explain the benefits and dangers associated with SSRIs and other anti-depressants with "Black Box" warnings inside.

Please remember to share TTiV with everyone you know, in every way that you can. Remember, no matter the subject of any particular episode, the ultimate goal of The Truth Is Viral is to SAVE LIVES! I can't do that alone. I need your help, and you can support the show by spreading the word on every forum and social media website you frequent.

God Bless you all, and Semper Fi.

Bobby

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bobby! Its Sweettina2 from youtube. Just wanted you to know that I am earnestly praying for you and your wife. And will continue to do so. God bless you brother. ~Tina

    ReplyDelete

SUMMER TOYS FOR GIRLS AND BOYS!